Minneapolis Commercial DWI Lawyer
Are You at Risk of Losing Your Commercial Driver’s License?
As a commercial driver, your commercial driver’s license (CDL) is
your livelihood. Without it, it can be difficult to earn a living. For
this reason, it is imperative that you secure an aggressive defense if
you have been charged with DWI in Minnesota. Whether you were
arrested for DWI while operating a commercial vehicle or a non-commercial vehicle, you
could be at risk of losing your CDL privileges.
The Minneapolis criminal defense attorneys at Caplan & Tamburino Law
Firm, P.A. have been representing commercial drivers against a wide range
of DWI charges since 1983. We know what it takes to win a difficult case.
If you are at risk of losing your commercial driver’s license, we
encourage you to find out how we can help.
We are available 24/7, so please don’t wait to give us a call.
Disqualification of CDL Privileges in Minnesota
In Minnesota, commercial drivers are prohibited from consuming alcohol
while they are on-duty or within four hours of going on duty. While the
same DWI laws apply to off-duty commercial drivers as non-commercial drivers—meaning
that they cannot operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration
of .08% or greater—the legal limit is even lower for on-duty commercial drivers.
You could lose your CDL for least one year if one of the following is true:
- You drive a commercial vehicle with a BAC of .04% or greater
- You drive a commercial vehicle while under the influence of drugs
- You refuse to submit to an alcohol or drug test after an arrest
- You use a commercial vehicle to commit a felony offense
- You leave the scene of an accident involving your commercial vehicle
- You drive with a revoked, suspended, canceled, or disqualified CDL
While the legal limit for on-duty commercial drivers is .04%, you can still
be put out of service for 24 hours if any detectable amount of alcohol
is found in your system. You should also know that you could lose your
CDL privileges for life if you are convicted of a
second DWI offense, so it is imperative that you retain the help of a DWI lawyer in Minneapolis
as soon as you have been arrested.
How Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. Can Help You
If you have been arrested for DWI as a commercial driver in Minnesota,
now is the time to take action. Depending on the facts of your case, you
could be facing more than just CDL disqualification; a first-time DWI
offense may also result in a 90-day jail sentence and up to $1,000 in
How can Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. assist you? Consider the
- Our lead attorney is a board certified criminal law expert
- We possess more than 100+ years of collective legal experience
- Our firm has handled hundreds of jury trials in the state
- We are available 24/7 – we’ll be there when you need us
- Both of our partners have experience as state prosecutors
Don’t wait to get the help you need –
call our firm today for a FREE, no-risk consultation!