In Minnesota, there are four types of driving while intoxicated (DWI) offenses: first degree DWI, second degree DWI, third degree DWI, and fourth degree DWI. Each offense carries a different set of penalties, yet all have the potential to result in jail time, license suspension, a mark on your criminal record, and costly fines. For this reason, it is critical that you secure the help of a Minnesota DWI attorney from Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. if you have been arrested.
Our Minneapolis criminal defense lawyers are available to take your call 24/7. Contact our office today at (612) 444-5020 to request your free, no-obligation consultation.
The Average Cost for a First-Time DWI Offense is $10,000
If you were arrested for DWI in Minnesota, you should know that there are numerous fees, fines, and expenses that come along with a conviction. Between towing fees, impound fees, surcharges, license reinstatement fees, increased insurance premiums, and criminal fines, a DWI conviction could cost more than you think. When all is said and done, the average cost of a first-time DWI conviction can reach upwards of $10,000. Don’t wait until it’s too late – contact our firm for the help you need.
Here are some of the costs you can expect to face after a DWI arrest in Minnesota:
- $100 to $200 in towing fees (not including impound fees)
- $1,000 in fines if you are convicted of a first-time DWI offense
- $320 filing fee if you want to challenge the revocation of your license
- $700 fee plus surcharges to have your driver’s license reinstated
- $125 per month for the use of an ignition interlock device
- $3,000 increase on your auto insurance premiums
Why You Should Hire a Minneapolis DWI Defense Lawyer
As you can see, the costs associated with a DWI conviction can add up quickly. Not only that, but it could also result in jail time, the loss of your driving privileges, and a blemish on your criminal record. If you want to avoid the consequences of a DWI conviction, it is crucial that you seek the assistance of a DWI attorney from Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. We have been defending clients against a wide range of criminal charges since 1983 – and now, we are ready to do the same for you.
Why Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. should be your first call after an arrest:
- We are available 24/7 – we’ll be there for you when you need us most
- Our defense team has successfully handled hundreds of jury trials
- We offer representation from a Board Certified Criminal Trial Expert
- Both of our partners have experience as former prosecutors
- Calling us won’t cost you a thing – we offer FREE case evaluations
When your future, reputation, and freedom are on the line, you can count on Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. to provide the aggressive defense you need. Call now for a free consultation!