Jill Brisbois has dedicated her entire legal career to practicing criminal defense and advocating on behalf of the criminally accused. Over the years, she has earned numerous successful results and jury acquittals for clients facing all types of criminal charges, including murder, criminal sexual conduct, assault, DWI, and more. Jill is among just 3% of attorneys in the state to be a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association.
With over a decade of experience, Jill is equipped with the insight and resources to effectively defend clients in both State and Federal Court. Because she knows her clients often face life-altering penalties, she works aggressively to protect their rights, freedoms, and futures throughout the entire criminal process.
Jill’s formidable trial and courtroom skills are sought after by other attorneys with their client’s legal issues. She has assisted other lawyers in trial and depositions for criminal, family, personal injury, and bankruptcy matters. She has earned continued recognition for her legal excellence, including selected to the Minnesota Super Lawyers® List of Rising Stars from 2013-2017 and Super Lawyers® List from 2018-2019.
Prior to joining Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A., Jill was an associate at the Minneapolis law firm that handles criminal and personal injury cases. She is now committed to providing experienced guidance to men and women across the Twin Cities and state of Minnesota who come to our firm in times of need.
- MSBA Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist – only 3% of all Attorneys achieve this status
- Elected to the Board of Directors of MACDL (MN Assn of Criminal Defense Lawyers)
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars 2013-2017
- Super Lawyers® 2018-2019
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D. – 2005
- University of Minnesota, B.A. – 2000
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Federal District Court of Minnesota
- Federal District Court of North Dakota