Join us in congratulating Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. senior partner Allan H. Caplan on being selected as a Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney for 2015 by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys (NACDA).
According to NACDA’s website, the Academy is dedicated to recognizing the nation’s top criminal defense attorneys. Allan was chosen for this honor out of over one million attorneys throughout the country, putting him in the top 1% of all criminal defense lawyers.
NACDA evaluates candidates using a stringent selection process. Candidates must be nominated by a licensed practicing attorney or one of NACDA’s in-house research staff members, and are then evaluated based on their skill, knowledge, expertise, experience, and overall success in the practice of criminal defense. The minimum requirements for consideration are:
- Must be in private practice
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the state
- Must devote a significant portion of their practice to criminal defense
- Must have at least five years of experience in criminal defense
- Must be nominated by a licensed attorney or a NACDA research staff member
After the top 50 candidates in each state are selected, the top 10 attorneys are then selected by NACDA’s Board of Governors. The Board considers a variety of criteria in making their final decision, including:
- Legal awards
- Criminal defense teaching experience
- Formal criminal defense training
- Published works
- Trial experience and outcomes
- Case outcomes
- Length of time in practice
- Peer reviews
- Client reviews
This is a huge honor bestowed on a deserving person. Congratulations, Allan H. Caplan!