We're available 24/7. Call us at (612) 444-5020.
Burnsville Drug Crimes Lawyer
24/7 Availability for Dakota County Drug Crime Cases
If you are facing drug charges in Burnsville, our team of attorneys is ready to assist you at any time of the day. Even minor drug offenses, including those involving marijuana and controlled substances, can result in severe penalties in Minnesota. Additionally, these crimes may also be subject to federal prosecution under U.S. law. It is crucial to seek the guidance of a reliable Burnsville drug crime lawyer who can vigorously defend your rights in court.
Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. has been providing strong legal representation to clients accused of criminal offenses throughout Minnesota for over a century combined. With extensive experience in numerous criminal jury trials, we possess the knowledge and skills required to win challenging cases. When you choose our firm, you can trust that your future is in capable hands.
Types of Drug Crimes We Handle
Our law firm specializes in a wide range of drug crime cases in Burnsville, including:
- Drug possession
- Drug possession with intent to distribute
- Drug distribution
- Drug trafficking
- Drug smuggling
- Sale of a controlled substance
If you are facing any of these drug crime charges, it is crucial to seek legal assistance promptly. Our experienced drug crime defense attorneys in Burnsville can safeguard your rights, develop a robust defense strategy, and strive to achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
Types of Scheduled Drugs
Minnesota adheres to the federal government's classification of Scheduled Drugs, which criminalizes certain substances. The Schedules are organized from one (I) to five (V). The potential penalties for illegal possession, sale, distribution, or manufacturing of these controlled substances are intricate and depend on various factors, such as the drug amount and the defendant's prior criminal record.
The following are examples of each schedule:
- Schedule I drugs: Highly addictive with no medical uses. Examples include heroin, LSD, marijuana, ecstasy, methaqualone, and peyote.
- Schedule II drugs: Highly addictive with some medical uses. Examples include methamphetamine, cocaine, fentanyl, and many prescription painkillers.
- Schedule III drugs: Addictive with potential medical properties. Examples include codeine, ketamine, anabolic steroids, and testosterone.
- Schedule IV drugs: Potentially addictive and may be prescribed by a doctor. Examples include commonly prescribed medications like Xanax, Soma, Ambien, and Valium.
- Schedule V drugs: Slightly addictive or non-addictive and may be sold over-the-counter. Examples include over-the-counter medications such as pain relievers and cough medicines.
Do I Need an Attorney for a Drug Crime?
If you are facing drug crime charges, hiring an experienced defense attorney in Burnsville can offer numerous advantages and significantly improve your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome in your case.
Here are some key benefits of retaining a drug crime defense attorney:
- Legal expertise: A seasoned criminal attorney possesses comprehensive knowledge of drug crime laws and regulations. They can utilize this knowledge to build a strong defense strategy and protect your rights throughout the legal process.
- Case assessment: A defense attorney can meticulously examine the details of your case, including the evidence against you, to identify any weaknesses or flaws in the prosecution's case. This enables them to determine the most effective strategy for your defense.
- Negotiation skills: A skilled defense attorney can negotiate with the prosecution on your behalf to potentially reduce charges, penalties, or even have your case dismissed entirely.
- Access to resources: A law firm can provide access to resources that can bolster your case, such as expert witnesses or investigators who can offer additional evidence or testimony in support of your defense.
- Protection of rights: Your defense attorney will ensure that your constitutional rights are safeguarded throughout the legal process, including during police questioning, searches, and seizures.
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Facing drug crime charges can be an immensely stressful and overwhelming experience. Hiring an attorney can alleviate some of this burden by providing guidance and support throughout the legal proceedings.
The Most Important Call You'll Ever Make
Don't delay in obtaining the advice and representation you need. We serve clients in Burnsville, St. Paul, Minneapolis, and the wider Minnesota area. Joseph Tamburino, one of our lead attorneys, is board certified by the State Bar Board of Legal Specialization as a criminal law specialist—a distinction achieved by only 3% of attorneys. In short, we possess the expertise required to protect your rights. We are here to help you understand your position and determine your next steps.
Call (612) 444-5020 to set up a time to meet with our Burnsville drug crime defense lawyers.
1. Don’t Talk to the Police!
It’s crucial to know that while you should remain respectful with authorities, you have the right to remain silent. This a right protected by the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which makes it clear individuals are protected from being compelled to be a witness against him / herself in criminal matters.
It’s important to note that:
- Talking will not help you avoid an arrest. If law enforcement has probable cause to arrest you, then they will arrest you.
- By speaking, you risk making a confession or providing information that can be used to indict you, even unknowingly.
- Even if you feel that information being discussed is “harmless,” it is still in your best interest to invoke your Fifth Amendment right.
2. Ask for a Lawyer!As soon as you can you should elect your right to have a defense attorney present. A Minnesota criminal defense lawyer or public defender can ensure the police do not violate your rights and help you avoid saying anything incriminating during questioning. Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so that we can be by your side whenever you need us. Call now!
I cannot thank you enough for your help!
“Your patience, knowledge and especially your attention to detail was admirable.”
This settlement has completely changed my life.
“This settlement has completely changed my life. I appreciate Joe and Hannah’s tireless effort.”
Thank you for being so supportive
“I just want to say that I don’t know any lawyers who would do what you did for your client.”
“I just wanted to say thank you again for helping me out with everything.”
Thank you again.
“When Kayla answered the telephone I felt like somebody truly had my back and cared about protecting me.”
We’ll start your case with a FREE, no-obligation consultation
Attorney Joseph Tamburino is a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist, achieved by only 3% of Attorneys
We have represented thousands of clients and we have handled hundreds of jury trials
Our attorneys have worked as prosecutors and public defenders throughout the state
Our team is available 24/7 – when our clients need us, we’re there for them
The wave of marijuana legalization sweeping across the country is reshaping many aspects of our society, including public health, criminal justice, and even our economy. As marijuana becomes official ...Read More
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz (D) has recently signed a bill that will legalize recreational marijuana for adults. The bill has brought Minnesota in league with 22 other states that have taken ...Read More
Attorney Joe Tamburino penned an op-ed for the StarTribune on the likelihood of a successful appeal for Kim Potter, the former Brooklyn Center police officer convicted for manslaughter in the death of ...Read More