We're available 24/7. Call us at (612) 444-5020.
DWI Defense Attorneys in Burnsville
Let Our Team Fight for You
If you or a loved one is facing DWI charges in Burnsville, it is crucial not to underestimate the severity of the penalties involved. To navigate the legal process, you need a reliable and dedicated legal team by your side.
At Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A., we understand the gravity of DWI cases and the impact they can have on our clients' lives. Our Burnsville DWI attorneys are committed to providing you with quality legal representation by crafting tailored strategies to work towards minimizing the long-term repercussions of your charges.
Contact us today at (612) 444-5020 or contact us online to learn more about your legal options after a DWI arrest.
What Is a DWI?
In Minnesota, the terms "DUI" and "DWI" hold slightly different meanings. DUI, or driving under the influence, can refer to drivers who are impaired by either alcohol or drugs, or both.
On the other hand, DWI, or driving while intoxicated, applies when a driver's blood alcohol concentration is above the state's legal limit of .08%.
Cases We Handle
Driving while intoxicated is a serious offense that can result in severe penalties. If you are convicted of a DWI, you may face fines, jail time, license suspension, or even an ignition interlock device installed in your car. This is why it's crucial to have our experienced Burnsville DWI defense attorney on your side.
We handle the following cases:
- Breath test refusal
- Boating while intoxicated (BWI)
- Commercial driver DWI
- Criminal vehicular operation
- DWI involving drugs
- Felony DWI charges
- Multiple DWI offenses
- Underage DWI
We can help you navigate the legal system and work to minimize the consequences of your charges. Don’t hesitate to get in contact with our team today.
Why Hire a DWI Attorney?
Facing a DWI charge can be a daunting experience, and it can be overwhelming to navigate the legal system on your own. This is why seeking legal representation is essential. By hiring our DWI lawyers at Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A., you can have peace of mind knowing that you have a professional advocate who can fight for your rights.
Here are a few ways our team can help:
- Knowledge: We have a deep understanding of DWI laws and can utilize this knowledge to build a defense for you.
- Negotiation skills: Our DWI attorneys can negotiate with prosecutors to potentially reduce your charges or seek a plea bargain.
- Support: A DWI charge can be extremely overwhelming to deal with. Our team can provide clients with support and guidance through this experience.
Having a lawyer on your side can make all the difference. Don't leave your fate in the hands of chance. Hire our seasoned team in Burnsville. Dial (612) 444-5020 or send us a message online.
1. Don’t Talk to the Police!
It’s crucial to know that while you should remain respectful with authorities, you have the right to remain silent. This a right protected by the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which makes it clear individuals are protected from being compelled to be a witness against him / herself in criminal matters.
It’s important to note that:
- Talking will not help you avoid an arrest. If law enforcement has probable cause to arrest you, then they will arrest you.
- By speaking, you risk making a confession or providing information that can be used to indict you, even unknowingly.
- Even if you feel that information being discussed is “harmless,” it is still in your best interest to invoke your Fifth Amendment right.
2. Ask for a Lawyer!As soon as you can you should elect your right to have a defense attorney present. A Minnesota criminal defense lawyer or public defender can ensure the police do not violate your rights and help you avoid saying anything incriminating during questioning. Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so that we can be by your side whenever you need us. Call now!
I cannot thank you enough for your help!
“Your patience, knowledge and especially your attention to detail was admirable.”
This settlement has completely changed my life.
“This settlement has completely changed my life. I appreciate Joe and Hannah’s tireless effort.”
Thank you for being so supportive
“I just want to say that I don’t know any lawyers who would do what you did for your client.”
“I just wanted to say thank you again for helping me out with everything.”
Thank you again.
“When Kayla answered the telephone I felt like somebody truly had my back and cared about protecting me.”
We’ll start your case with a FREE, no-obligation consultation
Attorney Joseph Tamburino is a Board Certified Criminal Law Specialist, achieved by only 3% of Attorneys
We have represented thousands of clients and we have handled hundreds of jury trials
Our attorneys have worked as prosecutors and public defenders throughout the state
Our team is available 24/7 – when our clients need us, we’re there for them
The wave of marijuana legalization sweeping across the country is reshaping many aspects of our society, including public health, criminal justice, and even our economy. As marijuana becomes official ...Read More
Minnesota Governor Tim Walz (D) has recently signed a bill that will legalize recreational marijuana for adults. The bill has brought Minnesota in league with 22 other states that have taken ...Read More
Attorney Joe Tamburino penned an op-ed for the StarTribune on the likelihood of a successful appeal for Kim Potter, the former Brooklyn Center police officer convicted for manslaughter in the death of ...Read More