Minneapolis Prostitution Defense Attorney
Committed Legal Counsel for Your Prostitution Charges
Prostitution is a harshly-punished crime in Minnesota, as selling and promoting sex are both illegal activities. Additionally, housing a minor who engages in prostitution is also considered to be a punishable offense. If you are facing charges for prostitution crimes, it is urgent that you get in touch with a Minneapolis prostitution defense lawyer from Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. as soon as possible. With your future, reputation and freedom on the line, you shouldn’t wait to begin planning your defense.
Why call Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A.?
- Our lawyers are available 24/7
- We have two Board Certified Criminal Defense Specialists on staff
- We have handled hundreds of jury trials throughout Minnesota
- Both our partners have experience as former prosecutors
- We’ll start your case with a free initial consultation
Don’t hesitate to get started with a free consultation. Call (612) 444-5020 to speak with a member of our team about prostitution charges.
The Penalties for Prostitution in Minnesota
If you are being accused of engaging in prostitution, you could face the following penalties in Minnesota:
- Up to 20 years in prison and $40,000 in fines if involving a juvenile under 13 years
- Up to 10 years in prison and $20,000 in fines if involving a juvenile 13-15 years
- Up to 5 years in prison and $10,000 in fines if involving a juvenile 16-17 years
- Up to 1 year in jail and $3,000 in fines if involving prostitution with an adult
Any of these penalties could have a profound effect on your life. Not only could you face time behind bars, but the requirement that you register as a sex offender could limit where you are able to work and live, and may change the way people perceive you. Working with a Minneapolis prostitution defense attorney from our firm may help you avoid the reputation-shattering consequences of a conviction.
Defenses to a Prostitution Charge
If you have been arrested for prostitution, there may be a number of defenses available in your case. For this reason, it is highly recommended that you remain silent and avoid speaking to the police until you have had the chance to consult a criminal defense lawyer from our firm.
- Entrapment: Entrapment occurs when a law enforcement officer entices a person to commit a crime that they otherwise would not commit. If you were enticed by an undercover police officer to engage in prostitution or related activities, you may have a viable entrapment defense.
- Lack of Probable Cause: If you are arrested for prostitution before a crime is actually committed, the police must be able to show that they had probable cause to make an arrest. This means that an explicit offer to engage in prostitution must be documented.
- Due Process Defense: If, during the course of an undercover prostitution sting, a police officer engages in outrageous conduct, it could be argued that your due process rights have been violated. This would be the case if a police officer engaged in sexual contact, for example.
Facing Sex Crime Charges in the Twin Cities?
With so much depending on the outcome of your case, it is crucial that you do not risk a conviction by not calling a Minneapolis criminal defense attorney from Caplan & Tamburino Law Firm, P.A. We can provide you with the hard-hitting legal strategies you need to possibly have your charges lessened or even acquitted. With over 100 years of experience providing top-rated defense to clients throughout Minnesota, you can be confident in our ability to handle your case tenaciously and effectively.
Contact us to request your free consultation with a Minneapolis prostitution defense lawyer.
Client Testimonial - Josh
Josh came to the firm seeking help with a ...
Client Testimonial - Dave
Dave came to the firm seeking legal guidance for ...
Client Testimonial - Cheryl
Cheryl has complete confidence in the dedication ...